Skip to main content

About this Show

Hannity

News/Business. (2013)

NETWORK

DURATION
01:00:00

RATING

SCANNED IN
San Francisco, CA, USA

SOURCE
Comcast Cable

TUNER
Virtual Ch. 760 (FOX NEWS HD)

VIDEO CODEC
mpeg2video

AUDIO CODEC
ac3

PIXEL WIDTH
1280

PIXEL HEIGHT
720

TOPIC FREQUENCY

Us 14, New York 11, Putnam 7, Rockland 6, Westchester 5, Hannity 4, Duracell 3, Georgia 3, Slimful 3, Duralock 2, Jeanine 2, Dennis 2, Subaru 2, Daniel 2, Yellowed 2, Sean 2, Hollywood 2, Geico 2, Tamiflu 2, Orencia 2,
Borrow a DVD
of this show
  FOX News    Hannity    News/Business.  (2013)  

    January 13, 2013
    6:00 - 7:00pm PST  

6:00pm
we got clients in today. [ male announcer ] save on ground shipping at fedex office.
6:01pm
>> >> welcome to "hannity". right behind me are law abiding new york gun own ires. their names were printed because they are legal owners of a firearm. thanks to the newspaper president and publisher janet hecheland and editor karen mcbride the families of the people sitting behind me and the audience are put at risk and privacy trampled on. they are here to voice their frustration and fears. we are going to examine what legal action they can take to fight back against the blatant invasion of privacy. how are you doing tonight? >> good. >> let me start a quick show of hands.
6:02pm
you have all been outed. almost everybody, right? you have not. you three. so i want to make sure who has been. how many of you feel angry about what has happened here? everybody. how many of you feel your privacy has been invaded? how many feel you are less safe because of what has happened? everybody. why less safe? >> not so much i feel less safe i feel worried about my neighbors now there are people who never even thought about carrying a firearm and they are worried. they are worried their house is like a shopping list for criminals. >> from my perspective there are three people sthat should be afraid those who have not been identified as having a gun. secondly all of you if they want a gun can they steal one, right? what about police officers? they have raised criminals. you are agreeing with that in the back. >> i am a police officer.
6:03pm
not only is my life in jeopardy what about my defenseless family who doesn't have a gun. >> your book you discuss all of the threats that you have gotten over the course of the years you are outspoken you are in the public, we expect that. what does this mean for you? >> this whole thing is outrageous. yes, i have gotten all kinds of comments from people on-line. you never know how much further they are going to carry those comments. my husband and i applied for a carry permit. >> we actually applied for a carry permit and we were denied. it is outrageous what the newspaper did. of course we love our police officers they work hard they risk their lives but the police can't be every where. people need to have that right to be licensed and have gun protection. >> was it difficult to get a permit? >> absolutely. it took us over a year and we did it when hillary clinton became senator. i said i don't -- she is going
6:04pm
to take our right away we better get the permit. now we want more because the government is trying to intimidate us through the newspaper. >> all of my sons are law enforcement officers. i am in the process of applying for one. how difficult and arduous that process is. the journal news is making it seem like everybody look at all of these crazy people with guns. all of these people who are pistol holders went through an extremely rigorous progress and had to get four renses h -- references had to fill out a lengthy application had to get approval from a judge, finger printed background check takes up to a year to get it. it is a complete farce. >> talk about the journal news. you bring up a good point here. i will ask you in this case. the journal news claim their journalists but i am thinking they won't answer any questions. did you notice they hired armed
6:05pm
guards as a result of the suing controversy? i want everyone there to be safe as do all of us. >> the elite. >> wait. hollywood stars protect themselves. >> we are not part of the elite. >> i am the new york state assemblyman for a good part of putnam county and westchester. i will tell you this has put more people in jeopardy bainesediccally this is -- they have provided a dream map for perpetrators for stalkers, for the bad guys. they know where the guns are now, where they aren't and the foil request itself is antiquated because we are now at the crossroads of where the law meets modern technology and morality. they did n--
6:06pm
>> they did not have to publish these names. >> i spoke to the county clerk this morning they do exceptional work there the entire staff. i asked him if he would mind if i spoke about this today. he said not a problem. he said when he received the foil request by oath of office he felt obligated to respond but he pleaded with the journal news both orally and in writing to not disclose the names and addresses. they said to him we can do whatever we want with this information. >> yes, sir, you are in the back. >> six years ago they did this but the writer at the time the reporter at the time his name was george fitzgibbons. he had the list and he refused to give them the addresses. he just printed the name and the town because his next-door neighbor was a law enforcement officer. he was afraid one someone he raised might go after his neighbor. two what if a guy made a mistake went to the wrong house and got his family instead.
6:07pm
they went and got a guy who lived out in queens so he would have no directiconnection with . >> they labeled you as sort of the team spokesman. you have been voted team captain as we get starreded. you are a young mother. >> yes. >> sometimes you are home alone. >> sure. >> and now especially i feel vulnerable. there's a lot of break in's going on right now between 5 and 7:00 p.m. where i live and in the next town over. they are warning people they are coming in and they are breaking in to make it lo-- make it look like somebody is at home. they know there's a gun there. they don't know what guns i have. >> the criminals are smart. >> i feel like my house is being watched by them probably. >> when they made the request they also wanted to know what guns people had. they were denied that information. they were going to publish that as well along with everyone's names and addresses. they also didn't publish police officers. i bet a lot of them did not get
6:08pm
published. >> i thought they did. >> i know people that did not. >> maybe because it was older than five years the permit. >> what happened with the law enforcement officers is most law enforcement officers don't apply for a pistol license because they can carry on their shield. i have spoken with friends of mine who are state troopers and other police they were told by unions you don't need to have a license. that was your prerogative to get it. that's why we would rather you didn't have it. >> let me ask you another question here. the governor of new york says the madness has to stop he gives a big state of the state address he wants to have the toughest gun laws in the country. connecticut had one of the toughest ghun laws -- gun laws in the country. he used the word confiscation. >> as a senator people have to realize this governor is on the record talking about
6:09pm
confiscation. people have to get activated in the state of new york. there are bills that sent police and turn those individuals into criminals. that's where this governor wants to go with that. he's preaching you don't need 10 bullets to kill a deer. the second amendment isn't just for deer season. >> this now becomes political. will the republicans they have control of the senate. >> but it's a coalition. i am telling you right now people need to get on the damn phone and call their senators. will they hold the line. you are looking at one senator who is working every hour from now until next week to make sure this governor's bill which started as a gun competition bill does not hit the floor of the senate and we bring common sense to the legislation. >> how many of you would disobey the law if the governor demanded you hand over your gun. >> off the record. >> you would. we didn't get you guides in the
6:10pm
back. doesn't mean we love you any less. we will get to you in just a second here. now that they have been outed their lives put at risk and their privacy trampled is there any legal redorrs? judge janeane pirro sounds off she will tell the audience how to fight back. there is one other person who is outed as well. we will tell you who that is straight ahead. the audience how back. and by the way, one other ♪ ♪ ♪ we're lucky, it's not every day you find a companion as loyal as a subaru. love. it's what makes a subaru, a subaru.
6:11pm
6:12pm
try the #1 gastroenterologist recommended probiotic. align. align naturally helps maintain digestive balance. ♪ ooh, baby, can i do for you today? ♪ try align today.
6:13pm
>> welcome back to "hannity." legal gun owners are asking what can they do to protect their right to privacy and even now i have been impacted in recent weeks. a liberal entity published the fact that i am a gun owner. and can we fight back with someone else outed by the journal news, judge jeanine
6:14pm
pirro, her show justice with judge jeanine on fox news channel at 9 p.m. one of our producers confronted the editor of the paper. how are you. >> terrific, thanks. >> sean: you were outed. it's not the first time for me, i've done it before. >> it not the first time for me, i'm a proud gun owner. the difference between me and other people like a battered woman or someone who testified in a case sitting in prison waiting to get even with a person. i was a public official, an elected d.a. and elected judge and i understand what it means to be a public official as you do. >> sean: i agree, i don't mind in my case, it's not about us. >> sean: plus my address wasn't given out. >> mine was. >> sean: in your case you were, everybody in the audience they had their addresses different out. i think it makes it dangerous for them and people who don't-- >> it's better they did it in an interactive map. it's not like a printed map,
6:15pm
it's where they are in westchester, in rockland, where they are in relation to the highway, basically how you get there and link it and you can get the front of the house, the back of the house, it's an outrage and what's more outrageous is that the journal news, and i dealt with them for 30 years, they are in a hole, they're hiding, they're like a deer in the headlights, the perveyors of information and unable to answer a question and people call me over and over and over we want answers and they follow your kids to school, and call you repeatedly, they come to your house, talk to your friends and they're in a hole being protected by people with guns. this elitist, left wing egghead organization that's part of an anti-gun agenda is now hiding and they are in essence, the epitome of hypocrisy. >> sean: you were d.a. how long. >> d.a. 12 years and assistant d.a. for 15 years, a county judge, i mean. >> sean: you've done it all and you're still 28 years old
6:16pm
to me, but in all seriousness, this is not an area that's crime-free. >> not at all. i've prosecuted 40,000 cases a we are in westchester county. may be an affluent suburban community, but there are crime areas in the county just as there are in over part of the country. the question you're going to ask, do you have a recourse? no, right now, the answer is no. that information, your name and your address is public, but what the journal news wanted, sean, they wanted to know how many guns, what caliber of guns. what judge, judge signs your permit and by the way i used to sign pistol permits as a gun and to get a permit in new york state you've got to comply with a background check that involves criminal history. >> sean: hold on. >> your reputation and mental health-- >> it's hard to get it. >> it's not easy, i used to bring them in. >> sean: this is new york and hard to get a gun permit here. what do you think the purpose was? i think to intimidate all the
6:17pm
people here and all the people on that list. i think they had a very anti-second amendment agenda and that's why they put this together, right or wrong? >> i agree with you. i think the purpose was to intimidate and i think they have intimidated a lot of people who are frightened, who are being held up to a lot of criticism. this is a very hot button issue, but what they're saying is, our first amendment is more important than your second amendment. the united states supreme court has made very clear that the second amendment that we read about in the constitution is not just about the militia. it's about the ability of the individual it protect himself or herself, as we have just seen in cases, in georgia where a woman learned how to use a gun and a guy is breaking into her house. the cops can't make it. >> sean: let me put something onscreen. george mason, co-author of the second amendment and the left has been focused over the word militia and he co-authored the
6:18pm
second amendment, i asked, sir, what is the militia, to disarm in the best way to inflame them. now, i kind of think that puts to rest what they meant by a well-regulated militia. >> no question. it doesn't matter you mean -- what the word militia means. i don't care if you think it means people from mars. the bottom line, the highest court in this nation has said it's about the individual's rights and if they do it legally and if there is a review and if the judge has to sign that permit, shame on you. and i'm going to tell you something else, in 30 years in law enforcement and i was a chief law enforcement of a county of a million people, i saw one murder with a legal gun. these murders and crimes are being committed with illegal guns. it's not the legal gun owners that they've outed here and and here and here it's the people running guns. and by the way i'm not going to go near what happened when he we were running guns and the border. >> sean: you mean operation--
6:19pm
>> fast and furious. >> sean: and you all know this story, our government gives guns to drug dealers, murderers, criminals. >> mexican cartels. >> sean: and they kill american agents and won't tell us anything about it. we're going to play later, judge, a 911 tape, a woman in georgia, somebody breaks into her house and we've got the tape and she has to shoot this guy to protect her nine-year-old kids. what happened if any of those people experienced that? that's what's at stake here and the people that don't have guns, now every criminal in westchester and the world knows they don't have a way to protect themselves. which house would you target? >> i'd target the ones without guns or if i knew the person wasn't working, i'd get the person with the gun if i'm a gang banger or a drug dealer. >> sean: nice to see you. tune in saturday night 9 p.m. fox news channel, a special edition of justice with judge jeanine. and confronted the editor and see how that went down and two
6:20pm
new york counties have caved to the journal, there's a group of brave americans from putnam county refusing to put their residents at risk and they have turned down this newspaper's request. now, officials from that county will tell us why they stood up to the journal news and left wing agenda as "hannity" continues. thanks for being with us. [ female announcer ] over the years, your mouth has sipped, snacked, ...yellowed... lived, loved, ...yellowed... chatted, chewed, ...yellowed. and over all those years, your teeth...have yellowed. fact is, if you're not whitening, you're yellowing. crest 3d white whitestrips remove over ten years of stains by going below the enamel surface. and, they whiten 25 times better than a leading whitening toothpaste. crest whitestrips.
6:21pm
life opens up when you do. in the middle of the night it can be frustrating. it's hard to turn off and go back to sleep. intermezzo is the first and only prescription sleep aid approved for use as needed in the middle of the night when you can't get back to sleep. it's an effective sleep medicine you don't take before bedtime. take it in bed only when you need it and have at least four hours left for sleep. do not take intermezzo if you have had an allergic reaction to drugs containing zolpidem, such as ambien. allergic reactions such as shortness of breath or swelling of your tongue or throat may occur and may be fatal. intermezzo should not be taken if you have taken another sleep medicine at bedtime or in the middle of the night or drank alcohol that day. do not drive or operate machinery until at least 4 hours after taking intermezzo and you're fully awake. driving, eating, or engaging in other activities while not fully awake without remembering the event the next day have been reported. abnormal behaviors may include aggressiveness, agitation,
6:22pm
hallucinations, or confusion. alcohol or taking other medicines that make you sleepy maincrease these risks. in depressed patients, worsening of depression, including risk of suicide, may occur. intermezzo, like most sleep medicines, has some risk of dependency. common side fects are headache, nausea, and fatigue. so if you suffer from middle-of-the-night insomnia, ask your docto about intermezzo and return to sleep again. ♪
6:23pm
>> pirro. >> welcome back to "hannity". after the journal news deliberately invaded the privacy of residents. one official bravely stood up to
6:24pm
the paper and refused to release any information to the residents in putnam county who own a firearm. next guest putnam officials reiterated their position just last week. >> i want the people of putnam county to know we firmly believe that the release of this information would create an unprecedented public safety issue. i will not retreat from protecting you nor will i surrender. >> i am a man who follows the rule of law. we are not talking about the rule of law any more. we are talking about endangering our citizens. i hope it wasn't just to sell newspapers and increase circulation by putting over 40,000 people in those three counties in jeopardy. >> i am not so sure the journal news hasn't violated a law when they invaded the people's privacy and subjected them to
6:25pm
unsafety. >> the county clerk dennis sand and county executive mary ellen odell. good to see you. >> thank you. >> i want to thank you because i thought it was a courageous stand and you did it for the safety of your residence in spite of what happened. give us some background. >> well, we received a foil question, or our county clerk did. we are a team at putnam county. we consider ourselves to be colleagues and protecting the people and upholding the law and we looked at this and said, there is really no value to this. we felt that actually as if we did give that information out we would be subjecting residents to safety problems. >> i sat on it a few days just before christmas. i noticed what happened in rockland and westchester county.
6:26pm
my phone started ringing off the wall. we got 400 phone calls within three-days of the published report. i was listening to many horror stories, women who had orders of protection against abusive husbands or spouses and they were exempt and sealed as par d of the law and now they find their address and their name on a google map. if you have ever used earth google you can get right into that backyard into that driveway. >> very scary. >> very scary for a lot of people. that's a separate issue in and of itself here. when you said no what was the reaction? >> from the journal news. we haven't key lidelivered our refusal. >> the press conference was pretty formal. >> we haven't done it in a legal format. it was really a quick response
6:27pm
for both of us and executive county executive bruce walker. it was an invasion of privacy immediately. once you finish reading the requested bare graph your instant reaction is this is a complete invasion of privacy. and with social media and social networks and computer technology being what it is today we realized quickly that this would -- information would just be -- just too much out in cyber and there would be too much exposure. >> well, right decision, obviously. what has been the reaction for the people in putnam county? >> it has been wonderful. as a matter of fact i have gotten great support in rest chester and rockland. but putnam county were elated we would want to protect their identity and privacy and keep them from harm's way. >> not just gun owners. >> the nongun owners were just as responsive as the gun owners.
6:28pm
>> along those same lines there's a great sense of pride from the constituents that i focused on. they were very proud their elected officials have taken that battle on. putnam county is a small county. we are really only 50 miles north of new york city. we are a very proud county we have a lot of first responders retired active military personnel. and they -- their concern runs deep not only for all of their career. they have been putting the bad guys away and the bad guys know. rockland sheriff commented on that. >> you felt there might be recourse. you disagree there might be recourse for the people who have been outed some of whom are here with us. >> i think we are on the right side of this. >> meaning you think there are any recourse for those who were outed. >> sure. >> what is it? >> if at any time there is any
6:29pm
incident that has been a direct result of that release of that information, they are responsible. >> they are liable. >> i would image. responsible and liable. >> they were making a cessation of a terrible tragedy of our neighbors across the border. they try to intertwine that tragedy around to hahey have a t to print it ongoi google map. they placed themselves in harm's way. they did this for profit. you cannot use the names if it is for profit that's for case law. they took advantage of a horrific story they looked to sensationalize it and amp their circulation which is profit. a lot of the advertisements
6:30pm
that's the free market. thank you both for being here. >> when we come back a chilling 911 call a woman her 9-year-old twins were hiding in their house in a crawl space an invader in her house. she had to shoot them. we have it on tape. a supporter of journal news goes before our studio audience to defend the paper. more as this special edition of "hannity" continues. glad you are with us. ♪ [ male announcer ] don't just reject convention. drown it out. introducing e all-new 2013 lexus ls f sport. an entirely new pursuit. trust duracell to power their donated toys? duralock power preserve.
6:31pm
it locks in power for up to 10 years in storage guaranteed. duracell with duralock. trusted everywhere. duracell with duralock. i've got two tickets to paradise!l set? pack your bags, we'll leave tonight. uhh, it's next month, actually... eddie continues singing: to tickets to... paradiiiiiise! no four. remember? whoooa whooaa whooo! you know ronny, folks who save hundreds of dollars by switching to geico sure are happy. and how happy are they jimmy? happier than eddie money running a travel agency. get happy. get geico. fifteen minutes could save you fifteen percent or more.
6:32pm
is bigger than we think ... sometimelike the flu.fer from with aches, fever and chills- the flu's a really big deal. so why treat it like it's a little cold? there's something that works differently than over-the-counter remedies. prescription tamiflu attacks the flu virus at its source. so don't wait. call your doctor right away.
6:33pm
tamiflu is prescription medicine for treating the flu in adults and children one year and older whose flu symptoms started within the last two days. before taking tamiflu tell your doctor if you're pregnant, nursing. have serious health conditions, or take other medicines. if you develop an allergic reaction, a severe rash, or signs of unusual behavior, stop taking tamiflu and call your doctor immediately. children and adolescents in particular may be at an increased risk of seizures, confusion or abnormal behavior. the most common side effects are mild to moderate nausea and vomiting. the flu comes on fast, so ask your doctor about tamiflu. prescription for flu. [ male announcer ] jill and her mouth have lived a great life. but she has some dental issues she's not happy about. so i introduced jill to crest pro-health for life. selected for people over 50. pro-health for life is a toothpaste that defends against tender, inflamed gums, sensitivity and weak enamel. conditions people over 50 experience.
6:34pm
crest pro-health for life. so jill can keep living the good life. crest. life opens up when you do. >> welcome back to the special audience edition of "hannity." we've highlighted the journal news invasion of privacy of the rights of gun owners who have now been outed and the left's attempt to limit the second amendment. now, my next guest has an entirely different opinion and is defending the journal news, saying it was protected by the first amendment and give him a lot of credit by the way, i don't think our audience really is going to like it, but joining us now is criminal defense attorney former new jersey prosecutor jeff colts, thank you for being here. i want to play a 911 tape. a woman in georgia, twin nine year olds, and some guy with a crowbar. she goes in the the crawl space and the husband, 911 on
6:35pm
the line and chilling moment. listen to this: >> and remember, his nine year old twins, she's protecting, in a crawl space. is that a good thing she had a weapon in the house. >> sure. >> sean: it was a good thing. sure, when i have a gun i want a sign on the outside of my house that says you've got a
6:36pm
gun stay away. a t it-- >> wait a minute, you do. do all of you want a sign out in front of your house. >> no. >> it is a choice, you're right, but they had no choice, they were outed. these people have no choice and they feel that their lives are in greater danger now because now criminals know they have guns and they also know where the people live that don't have guns. >> but the journal news did service and the legislators here in the audience are going to make sure that this law is open public records act as an exception for guns, they've done a good service, i'm not saying which is right and wrong. the sunshine of this law is a good thing and now we know there's a problem with it, they'll fix it. >> sean: so you're not defending it. >> i'm defending the first amendment. defending the fact that they outed these people. >> sean: first amendment is not absolute, can i go into a theater and yell fire. >> and the-- >> i asked you a question. >> no. >> sean: i cannot go in. and forget about the legality of it. you know, if you work in the
6:37pm
news business was that the morally right decision by this newspaper to out these people and tell the criminals who have guns and who doesn't? >> you're assuming that the newspaper business is a moral one. it may not be. i mean, the fact of the matter is that they have the right to do what they did. will some good come out of it? i think goodwill come out of it. >> sean: do you think that good is coming out of it. >> no. >> sean: these are the people living it, so they don't believe you. it's easy you for you to say because air not one of them. >> i think that goodwill come out of it after that. >> sean: thank you for lecturing them. >> i'm not lecturing, they'll find out. that's not me saying it. >> and that's wrong. >> his family is at risk is what he said. >> i can take care of myself. >> look there's two sides to that, too, every time you-- >> and two sides if you're carrying a gun. >> i can't turn on the tv without seeing another mass shooting. there's two sides to it.
6:38pm
>> nothing to do with that. >> i understand that, and-- >> that's not us doing those mass shootings, sir. >> so you attack the legal citizens? >> no, i'm saying they had a right to publish it, and goodwill come out of it. >> irresponsible. >> and just because they had the right did not mean that they had to publish it. >> you know, the government knows, the government knows all of this. every one of you-- >> the question we need to ask is what was the intents of this, the intent, whether or not you realize this, you are a bully and you are a pawn in the liberal media complex. >> and want to-- >> yes, sir in the back in the third row. >> sean, my name is pat, i'm a retired police officer and past president of the westchester county detectives association and affiliated police association of new york, fbi and new york state certified police firearms instructor, and spent 23 years in law enforcement on the city, federal and county level. and i can tell you that
6:39pm
there's case law that came out in december of 2011, judge solomon in new york supreme court, new york county, ruled in the new york times versus n.y.p.d. in article foia action that active and retired law enforcement officers, not the just n.y.p.d. and active and retired government employees must be redacted from the list that the n.y.p.d. turned over to the new york times in their foia action, that speaks volumes towards case law and may work towards the pending legislation in the assembly and senate which in the justification clearly says that the exposure of this information does the record holder, their families and the public at large a great disservice and puts them at
6:40pm
risk. >> let me dove-tail off this. yeah, you can clap. [applause] >> you know, you're a lawyer, you argue for a living and you're obviously very good at your job, you've been doing it for a long time. sometimes things come down as just the right thing to do. now, if i think with all the crime that we have in society and people that do not have weapons in their home, they now will be targeted by criminals, that will probably happen as a result of this, people that had guns, they might be targeted so somebody can go in and steal guns. police officers that arrested people might now be in jeopardy if they're retired, they are on list, some of them. and i just, you know, i listen to your arguments. you think you're sophisticated and i'm thinking where is your moral compass that you don't see that's wrong? >> it's not a question of moral compass, you have a first amendment for a reason. it's the first amendment. >> sean: and you're giving me a technical answer. >> technical it's first for a reason. >> sean: and this is the second for a reason, but, i'm asking you right or wrong, the
6:41pm
newspaper did not have to do this and these people, and i argue, and people that don't have guns are in jeopardy. why can't you see the outrage in that? >> because i don't think they're in as much jeopardy as you say. >> sean: nice of you to just sit-- >> last week there was a news conference in rockland county where the local sheriff said his officers in the correctional facility are being approached by the incarcerated people and saying, i know your address. now, let me tell you, that's a heck of a scary thing. >> that's a very scary thing. i'll let you respond to that. that's the real world. it's not just some abstract disagreement, argument that you're making in law school. these are real people, real lives, real families, real children that live in these homes and that's what is in play here. >> okay, but this is always
6:42pm
the case. anybody could have done this, just because they did it now and have the bright light on it, means it can be fixed, but it could have been done before. this isn't something new. >> sean: the damage is done. >> you wouldn't know that unless somebody did it. now they've done it and address it. >> sean: wonder if you would think differently if it's your family and somebody puts your name-- >> i want a sign on my house that says i have a gun. stay away. >> sean: you put your sign up and leave these people alone, how is that? all right. [applause] >> coming up next, well, you just heard the other side of the argument, so, what does our audience think, does the first amendment argument supercede their right to privacy because it may be legal? does it make it morally right? we're going back to our studio audience and they'll respond straight ahead. [applause] what are you doing? nothing. are you stealing our daughter's school supplies and taking them to work? no, i was just looking for my stapler and my...
6:43pm
this thing. i save money by using fedex ground and buy my own supplies. that's a great idea. i'm going to go... we got clients in today. [ male announcer ] save on ground shipping at fedex office. is a fantastic experience. 30 shrimp for $11.99. i can't imagine anything better. you're getting a ton of shrimp, and it tastes really good! [ male announcer ] hurry in to red lobster's 30 shrimp for just $11.99! choose any two of five savory shrimp selections, like mango jalapeño shrimp and parmesan crunch shrimp. two delicious shrimp selections on one plate! all with salad and unlimited cheddar bay biscuits. 30 shrimp, just $11.99 for a limited time. wow, that's a lot of shrimp. i'm ryon stewart, i'm the ultimate shrimp lover, and i sea food differely. [ male announcer ] when you wear dentures you may not know it, but your mouth is under attack. food particles infiltrate and bacteria proliferate.
6:44pm
♪ protect your mouth, with fixodent. the adhesive helps create a food seal defense for a clean mouth and kills bacteria for fresh breath. ♪ fixodent, and forget it. can you start the day the way you want? can orencia help? could your "i want" become "i can"? talk to youdoctor. orencia reduces many ra symptoms like pain, morning stiffness and progression of joint damage. it's helped new ra patients and those not helped enough by other treatments. do not take orencia with another biologic medicine for ra due to an increased risk of serious infection. serious side effects can occur including fatal infections. cases of lymphoma and lung cancer have been reported. due to an increased risk of serious infection. tell your doctor if you are prone to or have any infection like an open sore or the flu or a history of copd, chronic lung disease. orencia may worsen your copd.
6:45pm
[ male announcer ] now learn about a program committed to you and copay assistance that can reduce monthly orencia out-of-pocket drug cost to $5. if you're not satisfied after 6 months, you get that money back. call 1-800-orencia. at legalzoom, we've created a better place to handle your legal needs. maybe you have questions about incorporating a business you'd like to start. or questions about protecting your family with a will or living trust. and you'd like to find the right attorney to help guide you along, answer any questions and offer advice. with an "a" rating from the better business bureau legalzoom helps you get personalized and affordable legal protection. in most states, a legal plan attorney is available with every personalized document to answer any questions. get started at legalzoom.com today. and now you're protected.
6:46pm
>> welcome back to "hannity." we continue with our audience comprised of law abiding gun owners and their names and addresses were published by the journal news. you heard the other side of the debate, how does it make you feel. >> the rockland county sheriff's department and refired and i spent most of my career, trying to keep my name, address, family off of facebook, off of everything. >> sean: me, too, it hasn't worked. >> it did for me until the other day. >> sean: and there's a lot of criminals know who you are. >> yeah, and now know where i live.
6:47pm
>> sean: and that makes it hard and worry about that a lot because these guys, were you making that point, they put their lives on the line and now you're in jeopardy and that's scary and your kids and family. >> that's right. >> sean: sir, he we haven't heard from you. >> detective for quite a few years, and i put a lot of very bad people away and i don't know how many of those people still carry a grudge. they know my name, now they know where i live. >> tim, representing journal news said that these guys shouldn't be worried, shouldn't be scared. >> sean: easy for him to say. >> guess what, as soon as the name and addresses of the editors from the journal news got out, now they're running to beat john wayne to the n.r.a. membership, and they've got armed guards. amazing when stuff starts to turn, oh, there is he' a great awakening why people's privacy-- they're all on the first amendment. >> sean: i agree. like the hollywood hipocrits and fly around in their own private jets and lecture us about our suv's.
6:48pm
>> al gore? >> al gore, yes, ma'am. >> al gore. >> al-jazeera-gore. >> hollywood stars can afford armed body guards, rightly so, we protect our president. we protect our mayors. we protect our cabinet officials and politicians and i think that's the right thing to do. everybody. >> everybody. >> sean: but the average person cannot, does not have the money for an armed guard. >> right. >> sean: and that's what's dangerous. yes, sir, you wanted to weigh in. >> i want today bring in, you brought up before about the governor's confiscation bill. in nazi germany they had a propaganda magazine, and they had an article they titled the jew next door. the journal news, their article was titled "the gun next door". the they registered every gun and the the governor is talking confiscation, it's scary times. >> the fear mongering headline
6:49pm
that had no nexxis whatsoever to the article which many high school newspaper would reject, because there was no substance whatsoever in the article. and they let the map stand on its own. and i thought that was unethical. i contacted the gannett ethics officers and you know what, they said that they handle whistle blowers and reward whistle blowers, and they can do nothing about this. and a frequently asked questions, that this couldn't be downloaded and that i had the list in my possession over 16,000 names and addresses, all right? and they didn't want to know anything about it. >> let me get to these people who haven't spoken. thank you for your patience. >> a newspaper as far as i'm concerned is supposed to report news and not make news and that's what's been done, they've made news. >> sean: yeah, sir. >> and there's a reason, an
6:50pm
agenda for it and creating a divide right now. they've created a sense of us versus them. the people that are gun collectors, the hunters, the shooters, the people out there that are lawful, law abiding citizens that have the weapon and other people saying, no we don't want this and a rift between the two and the media has been running, calling demonizing us. >> sean: a show of hands, how many think this discussion about gun control is to exploit a tragedy by politicians. >> and-- hold on, don't have a mic on you. >> and cuomo who may want to be president is not going to be president. new york is different than the rest of the country and they're going to wake up to the fact-- >> what's mazing, joe biden as he pushed the idea to bypass congress and get into the political side in the next
6:51pm
segment, often the ideas that liberals often use, if only one life is saved. i can save one life, take everybody's cars away, everybody's hammers away and baseball bats away. >> hammers. >> yeah, blunt instruments, hammers, bats are used more than rifles to kill people every year. and al sharpton says he wants a knife control if there's an incident with knife. >> and a small portion of the 363, whatever the number is, rifle deaths. >> sean: i'm going to pick up from that point when we get back. you haven't spoken yet, you're very shy back there. i'm going to bring you in. we'll come back, more with the studio audience and closing thoughts as we continue and as always, thank you for being with us. (applause) ♪ [ male announcer ] some day, your life will flash before your eyes. make it worth watcng. introducing the 2013 lexus ls.
6:52pm
an entirely new pursuit. but, dad, you've got... [ voice of dennis ] allstate. with accident forgiveness, they guarantee your rates won't go up just because of an accident. smart kid. [ voice of dennis ] indeed. are you in good hands?
6:53pm
♪ many hot dogs are within you. try pepto-bismol to-go, it's the power of pepto, but it fits in your pocket. now tell the world daniel... of pepto-bismol to-go. now tell the world daniel... isurprise...it's eating less. to losing weight. i'm hungry just thinking about it. thank goodness for new slimful. one delicious, 90-calorie slimful and a glass of water, like before dinner, helps keep me satisfied for hours. so instead of this much, i only need this much. and slimful tastso good... i don't even miss dessert. slimful and a glass of water... eating less is a beautiful thing.
6:54pm
6:55pm
>> and welcome back to "hannity." we continue now with our studio audience who made up of gun owners outed by the journal news, some of you we have not the heard from, you are very quiet and i want to know you've been listening to your reaction. >> we've had no choice, we were just outed by the journal news, there was no opt in or opt out. i'm self-employed, work from home. if somebody's watching my
6:56pm
house, it looks like nobody's home, i'm home all day alone and i feel every time a car is slowing down in front of the house, are they watching the the house? it's terrifying. >> and do you feel closer now because you feel the danger is there. >> when i'm in the house alone. >> and you're married to him. >> yes. >> sean: he married way up. >> probably. (laughter) >> well, i wanted to know about the pin map. i don't know if you know, but every one of us, both of us know we have licenses and let now that gun owners are the most intelligent and they are the most trained in guns. so, you really want us around. so that -- what happened with the pin map is that we, not everybody in the household was named to have a-- on the journal news. so, that meant that their intent was just to show where you live. so if there's two or three gun owners in your house, they did not necessarily list you on that list. >> they targeted our home.
6:57pm
they named me, it doesn't name him. >> they wanted to know where you were on that block. >> sean: that's scary. but look one of the things frustrates me, rahm emanuel said never let a crisis go to waste. okay, here is one. here is the problem, how many of you agree this will not solve the problem? do you all agree with that. everyone agrees. if the next -- let's say they ban assault weapons and the next shooting incident is a guy that comes in with five pistols and takes them out one after another, then they're going to ban pistols, right. >> going to try. >> sean: deneen. >> and trying to tell we the people what to do how to do it and when. it's a good thing you're doing the special because people are outraged about this. >> sean: what's the next step. do you think their ultimate goal is to disarm the american people? >> absolutely, yes. >> sean: you all agree? >> sean, sean, this is, yes, it's about intimidation, but
6:58pm
it really goes beyond that because it's intimidation and then it's registration, then confiscation, they're talking about it right now and all of these people want to ban these evil, you know, ar-15's, i'm jewish and i think what would, what would these people-- what would the german jews done with ar-15's stock piled and they wouldn't have been murdered and-- >> as you study the founders and framers, they were clear, they weren't talking about shooting bambi or hunting, they were talking about protecting yourself about tyranny and government. >> and it happened to the germans, happened in china and uganda and start of disarmament. >> sean: let me point out one-- >> one right, you start to give up all rights. where do you stop? >> that's, well, look, the
6:59pm
centers for disease control, c.d.c. reviewed 51 published study about the effectiveness of gun control laws, eight types of them and found there was insufficient evidence. the department of justice looked the at the clinton ban, the assault weapons ban, they found it was not effective. you were saying something to me during the the break and i want you to give a chance to say that. >> one of the point, the journal news never explained, never given a valid reason for doing this, so you have two issues at hand with the consequences of what they did, you have number one, over 95% of all gun crimes are committed with illegal guns, you gave a shopping list to the criminals who need a new gun. number two, you expose the people who don't to home invasion, who aren't protected, but the third question is the real reason why they did it. the real reason why they did it to embarrass people, to expose neighbor against neighbor. >> sean: that was what-- we didn't run it, but that's what eric holder said. ma'am, i'm not g